Terms & Conditions
Battle of the Businesses: Trivia Challenge to Benefit the Boys and Girls Clubs of Syracuse
Complete Rules, Terms & Conditions of the Contest
Time and Place:
The Battle of the Businesses (the Event) will be hosted by Syracuse Trivia Company and will take place on Saturday, April 16th at SRC Arena located at 4585 W Seneca Turnpike, Syracuse, NY 13215
Event check-in will begin at 3:00pm and The Event will begin at 4:00pm.
Event is team based, with a maximum team size of 8 players. Players on a particular team must remain on that team throughout the event (i.e. a player may not play on multiple teams throughout the game).
Event is expected to last for 2 hours. Raffle prizes will be drawn between rounds. Food and beverage will be available for sale before and during the event.
Trivia Challenge Play Rules:
- Three rounds of 10 questions each will be asked by the emcee. First round questions are worth one point for each correct answer. Second round questions are worth two points for each correct answer. Third round questions are worth three points for each correct answer. A final question which teams may wager up to 10 points on will be asked at the end.
- Emcee will announce the time when each round is active, at which point participants must remain with their teams at their table, and mobile devices must no longer be in use. Emcee will announce the time when answer sheets must be handed in by, and when each round is over (inactive) after which point mobile devices are allowed.
- Shouting any responses to questions during an active round is grounds for disqualification from prizes, and may result in removal from venue.
- Any electronic mobile device in use during an active round is grounds for immediate disqualification of the team that the device user belongs to from winning prizes.
- No outside information materials may be used during active rounds. Use of outside information materials during active rounds is grounds for disqualification from prizes.
- The judgment of any proctor of the event will stand, but may be appealed to the emcee outside the active round, but before Event ends. Decision of the emcee is final.
- Team with the most points at the end of game play will be declared the winners, and awarded first place prizes, second place and third place.
- In the event of a tie at the end of the trivia challenge, each team in the tie will participate in a timed question with a number based answer. The closest guess will win the tie. In the event that guesses are equidistant, the first submitted guess will win the tie.
- Any discrepancies with scores must be addressed outside of an active round (between rounds), but before Event ends. In the case of a discrepancy in final scores, teams must immediately address discrepancy with the emcee.
- Failure to comply with the aforementioned rules is grounds for disqualification from prizes and final standings. The decision of the emcee in any matter will be final.
Prizes will be awarded to the three (3) teams with the most points at the end of the Trivia Challenge. In the case that there are any tied scores among the top three scores, prizes will be awarded to the team that wins the tie breaking question.
There will also be raffle prizes awarded during the event in between active rounds.
All sales are final and purchases are non-refundable. If you believe there was an error in the purchase process please contact Syracuse Trivia Company directly at SyracuseTrivia@gmail.com or by calling 315-380-6206
The Event is organized and put on by Syracuse Trivia Company. A portion of all sales will be donated to the Boys and Girls Clubs of Syracuse. All raffle ticket sales will go directly to the Boys and Girls Clubs of Syracuse.
Use of images:
Photographic and/or video images of any and all participants may be taken and used for promotional purposes by Syracuse Trivia Company and the Boys and Girls Clubs of Syracuse.
Terms and Conditions may change without notice, please refer to this page for current terms and conditions.
Agreement and acceptance of all terms and conditions:
Purchase of registration signifies acceptance of all terms and conditions. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to share the terms and conditions with other players on their team.